Sunday, September 15, 2013

Birthday Surprises!

Today is my handsome hubby's 30th birthday. I am so blessed to have him as my best friend and partner in life. He is my rock and I love him with all that I am. I couldn't ask for an better man. :)

Every year I try really hard to think of a present that will top the previous year's gift. One year I got him a Jedi Mickey Mouse statue that had a working light saber. Pretty epic gift if I do say so myself. The problem is that I have the TOUGHEST time waiting until his actual birthday to give it to him. I usually always give him his gift early because I am so excited and I just know he's going to love it.

Well this year I did it. I waited and waited to give him his present on his actual birthday (well I made it with one of his gifts). The suspense is almost painful; it's like I forget that it's his present not mine! I get like this every time I have a gift for someone. I am getting better at controlling my excitement, but giving the gift is more fun for me than receiving one.

I couldn't wait for TJ to open his other birthday gift so that I could see the look on his face. There's a certain level of satisfaction that comes with giving a gift to someone that you know they are really going to enjoy. And what an amazing thing this morning to see the look on his face when he opened his present to see a VT Football Jersey with his name on the back and a #1.

He is my #1 and I hope that we have many more birthdays together. May God continue to bless his life richly. Love you my hubby - happy birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment