Sunday, October 27, 2013

29 and Holding? I think not!

I love birthdays. I especially love my birthday. And this year was no different. It's strange to think that next year will be my 30th... It doesn't seem like I'm old enough to almost be 30! And yet here I am at 29. While eating cake, my mother-in-law said to me, "Now your as old as I am; 29 and holding!"

28 was great and came with a lot of changes, challenges, and celebrations. I was privileged to be a part of some pretty epic things like traveling to India for the first time, and returning to South Africa. I spent almost five months out of the country since my last birthday [most of that time I was "suffering" in Jamaica :) ] What an honor to serve the Lord around the globe with Praying Pelican Missions. And all that travel came with some challenges too - jet lag, missing home, culture shock, limited sleep, and let's not forget the bug bites. And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

29 and holding? I don't think so! Life is too short to live without giving it your all. I want to make the most of every day of every year that the Lord gives me here on earth. So 29 had better bring it's A game because I'm holding nothing back this year. Here's to a life of pushing myself to the limit for the cause of Christ and truly running the race no matter what the cost, counting all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus as my Lord, knowing that my righteousness is not my own but Christ's, forgetting my past failures and reaching forward to what lies ahead even if it's out of my comfort zone, and pressing on toward the goal for the prize! (Philippians 3)



No comments:

Post a Comment